Asperitas offers its kiln for bisque and glaze firing, for high and low temperature, up to 1250°C.
The kiln is a Rohde Ecotop 60, with internal measures of 45 cm in height and 40 cm in diameter; therefore this is the maximum size of the piece that can be fired, larger pieces will not fit.
Each kiln shelf is circular, with a diameter of 35cm.
- Bisque: 950°C
- Low temperature glaze: 1020°C – 1080°C
- High temperature glaze: 1250°C
Note: These are the temperatures I would normally use for my firings, the temperature and cycle can be adjusted upon customer request.
- Firing of individual shelves will be carried out within a period of time between 1 and 6 weeks, depending on the availability of the studio, the entire kiln takes place within 1 – 2 weeks.
- The glazed pieces MUST have the base / support surface completely cleaned of any glaze residue, with an edge of at least 3 mm starting from the base of the piece, to avoid the glaze dripping onto the shelves. If the pieces are not cleaned properly, Asperitas reserves the right to apply a surcharge of €35 per hour for the labour of properly cleaning the pieces.
- You must inform the studio in advance if any pieces are covered entirely in glaze and require the use of tripods to fire.
- It is necessary to inform the studio about the firing data of the clay and glazes used, to avoid damaging the pieces and/or the kiln.
- Asperitas declines all responsibility for damaged pieces and no refunds will be made if the pieces do not turn out as expected (cracks, bubbles, color changes, runny glaze).
- If the pieces cause substantial damage to the kiln and/or the shelves (for example due to explosions or dripping of glaze) the customer commits to reimburse the studio for a sum equal to the extent of the damage.
- The kiln is used only and exclusively by Asperitas employees, the customer will not be involved in the loading or unloading process of the oven.
Low temperature glaze:
High temperature glaze: